- Disclosure of membership status
As publicly-accountable professionals who have signed the OACYC Code of Ethics, the status of full Professional Members or full Professional Certified Members is made available to anyone requesting such information.
- Disclosure of postal addresses (“Mailing Lists”)
Members and supporters full postal address is provided from time to time to the following individuals:
- Committees of the OACYC for the purposes of contacting members in the area
- Companies, agencies, organizations and the like for use in direct mailing promotions. Such mailing lists are provided only to groups approved by the OACYC and only upon the completion of a written contract agreeing to its use for a single stated purpose and it not being disclosed to any other party/parties.
- College/University and graduation date
This information is, on occasion, disclosed in the OACYC newsletter (Chronicle) in relation to items about a particular member(s). Beyond this, this information is solely released to the college/university in planning alumni events and other related purposes.
- Years of membership
This information is, on occasion, disclosed in the OACYC newsletter (Chronicle) in relation to items about a particular member(s) and in lists of members reaching particular milestones (e.g. awards, certificates).
- Changes in the above conditions
Where situations arising in the future demand it, new conditions may be added to those listed above, or a revision may be made to them. Members will be notified prior to their implementation and consent requested. Please check back on a regular basis for the most up-to-date information regarding our privacy policies.
We take precautions to protect your information. When you submit sensitive information via the website, your information is protected both online and offline. Only employees who need the information to perform a specific job (for example, respond to an enquiry) are granted access to personally identifiable information. The computers/servers in which we store personally identifiable information are kept in a secure environment.